Networking, Lobbying and Advocacy
- MIFTAH is a founding member of AMAN Coalition (The Coalition for Accountability and Integrity-AMAN) and has been a member ever since.
- MIFTAH is an active member of the Civil Society Coalition for Amending the Penal Law. With the freezing of the PLC, the law has not changed. Nevertheless, as a result of the concerted efforts of the coalition and the women’s movements, the President has issued a decree cancelling articles related to “honour killing”. A draft law is being prepared by the Ministry of Justice and CSOs. This draft waiting for signature of the President.
- MIFTAH is an active member of Al-Muntada (NGO Forum to Combat Violence against Women). This forum coordinates the collective efforts of the different CSOs related to advocacy and lobbing in the field of violence against women.
- As a member of the Civil Society Team for Promoting Accountability and Transparency in the National Budget, MIFTAH actively participates in the meetings and the annual conference organized by Aman Coalition for Transparency and Integrity. Citizens Index Budget is formally adopted as declared by Prime Minister Dr. Salam Fayyad.
- As an active member of the National Committee for Palestinian Women’s Employment, MIFTAH participated in developing the Committee’s Strategic Plan. The focus of the committee is reviewing laws and legislations concerning Palestinian women in the labor market from a gender perspective.
- MIFTAH is a member of the Gender Audit Team facilitated by ILO, MIFTAH participated in process of the gender audit
conducted in the Ministry of Economy.
- MIFTAH is a co-founder of the National Coalition for the Implementation of the UNSCR 1325. The coalition is hosted
at the General Union of Palestinian Women. The coalition advocates for developing and implementing a national plan of action for the implementation of UNSCR1325.
- MIFTAH is an active member in Al-Multaqa (Forum for gender and local governance). This forum aims at supporting women
involvement in the decision making process at the local level through advocacy and networking.